Pages

Monday 11 October 2010

Movie News: THE BOURNE LEGACY




If, like me, you're a fan of the Jason Bourne film series, you're not going to like this news at all. 

The fourth film The Bourne Legacy is going to be made, but without Matt Damon and without Jason Bourne.  Yes, I know what you're thinking, and I haven't got a clue either! The new film is going to be directed by Tony Gilroy (Michael Clayton, Duplicity) and during an interview with hollywood-elsewhere.com, this is what he had to say;

"The easiest way to think of it is an expansion or a reveal," Gilroy says. "Jason Bourne will not be in this film, but he's very much alive. What happened in the first three films is the trigger for what happens. I'm building a legend and an environment and a wider conspiracy...the world we're making enhances and advances and invites Jason Bourne's return [down the road].

"Everything you saw in the first three films actually happened, and everyone who got into will be rewarded for paying attention. We're going to show you the bigger picture, the bigger canvas. When you see what we're going and see what we're doing it'll be pretty obvious....but Jason Bourne's actvities in the first three films is the immediate trigger."

I don't like the idea of this film at all. Why can't they just make another Bourne film with Matt Damon? That's what I and the rest of the Bourne fan base want to see.  That being said, I probably will still go and see this film when it comes out in 2012.  For one thing, Tony Gilroy wrote the screenplay for the all of the Bourne movies, so he knows how to write a good script.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see how it turns out.  Let me know what you think, by commenting below.

7 comments:

  1. I'm intrigued I will defenatly have to watch this just to see. Loved the other films not sure how it will be without Matt Damon in but I'll give it a chance if it's got all the action in I'm bound to love it anyway lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agreed! It's going to be an interesting film that's for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Erm, slightly bizarre! :-/ They will need to explain the premise in fewer and more intelligible sentences!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really bizarre and you're right about the explanation. You get the feeling they're not too sure themselves!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Would the film not base itself around another agent just like Bourne? Which could then mean that if a 5th movie was made, that this new character could hook up with the original Bourne.... two Jason Bourne's in the one film would be cool right? Or is that too obvious?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great idea. I guess something like that could work. A fifth movie would only get made it the fourth one does well though, right?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think AlaricUK is right. If they bring the two back together again in a fifth film, it could get really interesting.

    I do think Bourne without Bourne is mad but I'm open to anything that could potentially be made better. For me, as a girlie, I would so miss Matt Damon, but a good story is a good story. All the Bourne films have kept me entertained immensely and I can watch number three over and over as it is so action packed.

    I suppose it will depend on who they choose for the main actor this time...Matt Damon carried it through, because he was Bourne?

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave a comment. Thanks Michael