Pages

Tuesday 14 December 2010

Trailer of the Week: THOR



When I first heard that the new Marvel film Thor was being directed by Kenneth Branagh, I was a little sceptical.  Not because I didn't think he could do it, but because I was surprised he'd chosen to do it.  There's no doubt he's a superb actor and director (I really enjoyed Dead Again), but this is his first 'mainstream' movie and a comic book adaption is a notoriously difficult genre to get right. Just ask Joel Schumacher (Batman & Robin) or Pitof (Catwoman).  That being said, Branagh has attracted the likes of Sir Anthony Hopkins and Natalie Portman to the project, which adds a big chunk of credibility to the whole film.

Anyway, the first teaser trailer has landed online, so you get to have a look and decide for yourselves.  Personally, I think it could good either way at this stage, but it's difficult to tell with so little to go on. I want it to be brilliant, so hopefully over the coming months as more footage is released we'll get to see a film that'll be more Iron Man than Daredevil

Take a look at the new trailer and let me know what you think.



Thor - The best home videos are here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment. Thanks Michael