Pages

Monday 24 October 2011

Movie News: TWO SEQUELS ANNOUNCED...OFFICIALLY!

In the history of cinema, there are only a few film sequels that have been better than the original. Godfather Part 2, Toy Story 2, X-Men 2 and Empire Strikes Back are the rare success stories.

Well, 20th Century Fox have just announced release dates for two new film sequels, both of which I hope will be added to the exclusive list above, but I fear at least one of them could be a total #fail!



Up first, John McClane is back...again! Bruce Willis returns in A Good Day To Die Hard which is released on Valentine's Day 2013. Interesting choice of date for a 'balls out' action movie. I'm a big Die Hard fan, but none of the three sequels (although good in their own right) ever came close to the original. I enjoyed the last one a lot, I just wish they'd had a better villain. Timothy Olyphant was never given a decent chance to shine and I never felt McClane was ever in real trouble. Also, the scene with him jumping onto a jet fighter was just bloody stupid! Basically, I need to find out who's directing it, who's starring in it and who wrote it! I'll keep you updated.




The second sequel to be announced is Taken 2. When the original was released a few years ago, nobody would thought a Liam Neeson revenge killing movie would be believable, let alone financially successful, but how wrong we all were.  I loved this film! Well paced, scripted, directed and acted, it was violent and unrelenting and I couldn't get enough.  I remember leaving the cinema and thinking they have to make and a sequel...and they have. It will be released in May 2012, so not too long to wait. Hopefully, there'll be a trailer coming sometime soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment. Thanks Michael